Majority of young people seeks for new job

The National Statistics Office reported that at the end of September 2017, Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have registered 34.9 thousand job seekers, of which 25.4 thousand (72.6%) were unemployed and remaining 9.5 thousand (27.4%) were the people employed but looking for a new job.

Compared to the same period with previous year, registered unemployment has decreased by 3.8 thousand (13.2%) and has increased by 80 people (0.3%) from the previous month.
A breakdown by gender shows that among total number of registered unemployed 13.9 thousand (54.9%) were women. Considering the registered unemployed by region, 7.7 thousand unemployed (30.2%) of total registered unemployed were in Ulaanbaatar, 5.2 thousand (20.7%) in the Central region, 5.0 thousand (19.8%) in the Khangai region, 4.9 thousand (19.1%) in the Western region and 2.6 thousand (10.2%) in the Eastern region.
From January to September 2017, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have recorded 58.5 thousand persons as newly unemployed and 13.0 thousand persons as hired on a new job. Due to inactivity of job search, 54.6 thousand people are deleted from the Unemployment Register.
In the first 9 months of 2017 compared to the same period of previous year, newly registered unemployment indicates a decline by 26.6 thousand (31.3%) persons; similarly number of persons hired on a new job fell down by 2.7 thousand (17.1%) and persons who were removed from Unemployment Register because of inactivity declined by 18.5 thousand (25.3%).
Considering registered unemployed by level of education attainment, 45.0 percent of total registered unemployed were graduated from high school, 32.5 percent occupied by those who completed undergraduate degree, 6.7 percent attain technical vocational profession, 5.8 percent graduated from secondary school, 5.3 percent specialized secondary, 2.0 percent have primary school education, 1.4 percent not educated, 1.3 percent attain masters and higher education level.
From total registered unemployed nationwide, more than half or 60.1% account for young people aged 15-34. This rate was by 0.9 to 16.9 percentage points higher than the national average in Umnugovi, Govisumber, Orkhon, Tuv, Govi-Altai, Khovd, Selenge, Dundgovi, Arkhangai, Dornod, Sukhbaatar, Uvs and Dornogovi aimags.